Tuesday, March 5, 2013

This Here Poem

There are eleven poems that I have to write today.
I'm sure that they exist if I can find the words to say.
Sometimes its hard to think of something meaningful that rhymes,
but the hardest part of all today will be to find the time.

Yesterday I probably could have written you a poem,
but my husband had a day off. He was actually at home.
And even if I had the time to write a poem again,
I certainly did not have time to write the needed ten!
The day before was Sunday, a restful writing time.
I could have written one poem, but not the needed nine.
On Saturday I had ideas. They probably were great.
But I did not write them down because they were one poem, not eight.
The day I needed seven poems, that sounded like a ton.
So, overwhelmed, I couldn't even write a single one.

But wait! The day I need to write just seven poems is now, today!
I was looking at the calendar-- I looked at April and at May!
February's shorter! Just eight poems late! What fun!
And now I'm down to seven because this here poem is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment